Valentine’s Day. It comes around every year but that doesn’t make it any less easy to plan for. Depending on your status, you may choose to celebrate with your partner, friends, or by yourself.
With so many creative and fun ideas, it can be hard to choose the right way to express your love. To make things easier, here are 37 easy and romantic ideas that are sure to make your day extra special. So grab your partner and get ready to start planning a romantic day in Chicago.
Ideas and Activities for Valentine’s Day
1. Try an indoor date idea from this amazing list.
2. Cook dinner together and sample each other’s dishes.
3. Make a playlist with your favorite love songs.
4. Write each other love letters.
5. Wear something sexy—or nothing at all.
6. Spend some time with your ‘girls’ and celebrate Galentine’s Day.
7. Go out to dinner at a fancy restaurant.
8. Take on a couple’s themed social media challenge.
10. Book a staycation at luxury Chicago hotel or resort.
11. Buy them something they would never buy for themselves.
13. Watch the planets align and go stargazing.
15. Turn up the heat with a competitive game night.
16. Create a romantic scavenger hunt.
17. Share your favorite memories over a drink.
18. Serenade each other with your favorite love songs.
19. Attend an intimate concert at City Winery.
21. Read your favorite poem or create your own.
22. Take a scenic stroll along the lakefront.
23. Take a baking class together.
24. Recreate your first date night.
25. Get crafty and create a DIY piece together.
26. Dance the night or day away at a local club.
27. Snuggle up in your favorite PJs all day long.
28. Explore one of these fun winter activities.
29. Order delivery from a new restaurant.
30. Record a loving voice note or video message.
31. Plan a day trip to a nearby town.
32. Grab dinner with a view of the city’s skyline.
33. Pamper one another with a DIY spa day.
34. Arrange a romantic picnic.
35. Have a themed date night.
36. Buy them a stunning floral arrangement.
37. Tell them “I love you.”
Valentine’s Day is a special way to show your partner, friend, or even self how much you care. With this list of 37 easy and romantic ideas, you are sure to find the perfect way to express your love. So take the time to plan a day filled with thoughtful activities and special gifts that are sure to make your Valentine’s Day extra special.
Now that you have these fun and easy ideas for celebrating Valentine’s Day, make sure to pick one and use it to create a unique and memorable day for your special someone.
Need other romantic things to do? Check out these events in activity.
13 Unique and Romantic Date Ideas to try in Chicago
Tips for Hosting a Fabulous Galentine’s Day Party
Creative Date Night Ideas You Will Actually Love